The Account Management Specialist reports to the Supervisor, Account Management and is responsible for developing and delivering solutions for payment exception processing and account level accounting.
- Oversee all payment posting and balancing activities and ensure timely resolution to any unapplied, misapplied, or out of balance incident.
- Make suggestions to innovate and process improve the payment posting work while maintaining high service level and timely responses of existing work by a motivated workforce
- Research and resolve escalated complaints received from the Call Center, Customer Advocacy Team or Client Services associated with payment issues. Complete investigation of the issue and respond timely and thoroughly. Timely response is generally within 24- 48 hours.
- Complete all tasks and desk cases within 48 business hours. If it will take more than 48 business hours to resolve, communicate to the department supervisor.
- Insure timely and accurate posting of all customer or 3rd party payments. All payments are to be posted on same business day received. Reconciliation of all postings to be completed nightly before end of shift.
- Analyze and respond to trends in volume fluctuation, product mix, regulatory changes and client requirements.
- Adhere to department standards for maintenance of customer accounts and consistently maintain current customer, collateral, and status information on all accounts.
- Research unidentified payments and decision within 24-48 hours.
- Collaborate and be the voice of the customer with other departments
- High School diploma with some college required. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in accounts payable, loan accounting, or general finance
- Ability to communicate effectively with various audiences including customers, team members, and clients, through written and verbal means.
- Solid organizational skills, ability to work across teams, ability to focus on broader goals and customer level details simultaneously, and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office and Loan Servicing Software required (Nortridge preferred).
If you are interested and would like to apply for this position, please click here.