The Learning and Development Specialist partners with our business leaders to identify and develop solutions to build the necessary knowledge, skills, behaviors and competencies across the organization. The L&D Specialist will ensure smooth and effective functioning of training by managing, designing, developing, coordinating and conducting both large and small-scale training programs.
- Design, develop and execute training plans and training programs.
- Ability to train and/or facilitate training programs to various audiences. This training and or facilitation will mainly involve technical training, customer service training, and leadership development training.
- Conduct and assess on-going needs assessment across the organization through gap analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with key stakeholders to identify skills or knowledge gaps the need to be addressed.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure training offerings meet the needs of the business and our clients.
- Studies and develops training skills to better facilitate training classes and enhance training methods. Stays informed and up to date on new developments, methods, and techniques in the training field.
- Design and develop training material and learning aids.
- Design evaluation strategies for measuring training program results and effectiveness. Use the assessment to modify and enhance specific training materials and delivery.
- Maintain updated curriculum library, training materials, applicable policies and procedures, equipment and training records.
- Oversee the tracking and reporting of compliance training requirements and courses.
- Develop course content and supporting training aids into appropriate media. This may include presentations, simulations, e-learning modules, and classroom training.
- Administer logistics for training facilitation including scheduling, materials acquisition, securing location and class roster generation with invitations sent.
- Oversee and administer functionality of Learning Management System (LMS).
- Keep informed of industry changes, trends and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organization Development, Education, Business Management, or related field.
- 3+ years of measurable success in the field of training, including learning, design and development and adult education/learning styles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the software and technologies used in the creation and delivery of training courses to include e-learning.
- Ability to develop action plans through analyzing, writing and integrating highly technical information.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with various audiences including executives, clients, other departments and team members through written and verbal means with an ability to individualize/customize the mode of material presented based on the needs and abilities of the audience.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills with an ability to prioritize workloads and demonstrated flexibility in managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to establish ownership and independently drive assigned initiatives through to completion on time while meeting and exceeding expectations.
If you are interested and would like to apply for this position, please click here.