The Senior Compliance Specialist reports to the Director of Compliance and is responsible for maintaining required licenses in all relevant jurisdictions, preparing regulatory reports and ensuring ongoing compliance with state and federal consumer protection, debt collection and banking regulations.
Under the direction of the Compliance Officer, the Senior Compliance Specialist is responsible for executing the company’s licensing function, monthly credit reporting, internal audit function and research and reporting of changes to applicable regulations. Specifically, this person will:
- Assist in preparing loan servicing, debt collection and other applicable license applications, including but not limited to: confirming officer background checks, completing all state forms, maintaining company filing information in NMLS and updating compliance program documents.
- Maintain a calendar for license application submissions and renewals and report any potential compliance examinations or audits.
- Maintain and update licensing policies and procedures to ensure consistency with ongoing business activities and operations.
- Research and report changes in regulations relevant to the financial industry including, but not limited to: FDCPA, TCPA, BSA/AML, FCRA, and EFTA.
- Research and resolve escalated complaints received from attorneys, BBB, and regulatory agencies. Complete investigation of the issue, respond thoroughly within required timelines and maintain accurate complaint tracking.
- Ensure all communications completely address the customers’ issue and is free of grammatical and usage errors. Provide second level letter review for compliance on outbound correspondence.
- Collaborate and be the voice of the customer with other departments to ensure that customer complaint feedback is broadly known and corrective steps are followed for improved customer experience.
- Maintain the credit reporting manual to ensure monthly credit reporting is in accordance with the FCRA and ensure monthly report submission is accurate and timely submitted to the appropriate reporting agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years of experience in compliance preferably in banking or financial services
- Previous experience working with NMLS required.
- Demonstratehighdegree of intellectual curiosity with banking and consumer protection regulations, exercise sound business judgment, work collaboratively and engage in critical thinking and analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various audiences including customers, and team members through written and verbal means.
- Attention to detail, ability to work across teams, ability to focus on broader goals and customer level details simultaneously, andabilityto multi-task effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office and Loan Servicing Software required (Nortridgepreferred).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting and build a culture of compliance throughout the organization
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
If you are interested and would like to apply for this position, please click here.